To use Mushpup, first:
- Pick a Mushpup secret word (a master password only you remember)
- Pick a Mushpup number (between 8 and 16)
- Pick a Mushpup side (left, right, or middle)
You will want to use these by habit, so make picks that you will remember.
Then, to get a new password:
- Identify new site (e.g. github.com)
- Set your user name (e.g. klenwell)
- Set your site input based on site/user (e.g. github.com/klenwell)
Use the Mushpup form above when you register to a new site. Now is the time to use the confirm button to make sure you enter your secret word correctly.
Finally, to retrieve the password:
- Input site input and Mushpup secret word in the Mushpup form
- Using your Mushpup number and Mushpup side, copy your password
- Paste the password into the site login password field.
Now you can get you password any time you need it. In this way, by remembering a single password, you get a unique password for every site you use